At Izumi's software localization department we help you insert your products in global markets by localizing your pieces of software into the required languages and for your specific target countries. This software localization process, not only involves translation, but also identification, extraction and reinsertion of translated files and file components.
At Izumi we have expertise in major programming languages including C, C++, Visual basic, Java, PHP, ASP, plus datastores like Microsoft SQL, MySQL, DB2 and Access.
A standard software localization process includes :
- Software review at the code level (resources, executables, readme, installer scripts, help files, other GUser Interface text and documentation) to determine the efforts required to internationalize and localize your products in the platforms/languages required, and to ensure the source file is complete so that the localized product can be compiled. Our software engineers need to rebuild the source version of the software at this stage.
- In the case of working with Asian languages (as well as Greek, Russian, Middle Eastern and Eastern European languages) we would preferably require the core version of your product's code to be double-byte enabled. If not, we would determine the efforts required for enabling your code to support double-byte (or multi-byte) characters.
- Development/translation of Glossary of terms based on the client's previous work, in order to provide our translators with TMs that would be useful to ensure consistency in terminology across every aspect of the localization project, as well as creating linguistic foundations for all future localization work. -All our translators use Trados 5 (or up). Other CAT tools are available upon request.
- At this stage we require the client to provide all relevant information regarding the piece of software in question (user's interaction, functions, etc) as well as specific instructions on how to generate error messages and the like for testing purposes..
Once the preliminary evaluation/work is over we choose the most qualified/appropriate translators for the given project (native in the target languages and up-to-date with technical terminology and cultural appropriateness), instruct them carefully on the tasks to perform, provide them with the necessary tools (TMs, etc) and proceed to the translation of software strings, dialog boxes, menus, error messages, icons, online help files, readme files, install programs, tutorials and any other text which may appear in the user interface.
- Our technical team re-engineers the software for each language, working in close relation with the translators, resizing the dialog boxes and creating the new screen shots which will appear in the on-line help system and in the documentation. We recompile each language version paying attention to any potential problems that might arise.
- Unless otherwise specified, our technical team uses Visual Studio for the re-engineering processes.
ONLINE HELP AND DOCUMENTATION
- Only after the user interface has been localized we proceed to the translation of help and documentation files, to ensure the terminology used is coherent with the language in the user interface. State-of-the-art publishing tools are used to recompile the client's help systems and online documentation to mirror the format of the original, followed by a final review by our translators to ensure that all hyperlinks and hypergraphics are correct.
- A thorough review of the user interface is performed to check linguistic accuracy of the localized products. This is performed by qualified linguists specially trained on the specific application. This revision will ensure that each final localized piece of software functions exactly like the source one.
- This is followed by an extensive functional testing on the completed localized products comparing the localized interface with the source one, to ensure a technically accurate and culturally correct localized version of the software. If the client has already created a specific test lot or guide to follow in order to perform the testing, this should be given to us during the preliminary work stage.
- Once the software and user interface are localized, we offer extensive translation/localization and maintenance services of all related content, documentation, packaging, marketing and other printed materials. This is usually performed by the same linguists and with the aid of the TMs created during the software localization processes so that we can provide accuracy and consistency in terminology.
- Content localization generally involves DTP work. Our team has experience in most DTP tools available, which means we can handle most file formats.
We prefer to work in close relation with our clients during the entire translation/localization processes in order to:
- Keep the client informed on the evolution of the work at all stages
- Make possible a timely discussion of any problem/difficulty that may arise
- Facilitate any customer input, suggestions or specific instructions in order to fulfill all possible needs.
Our aim is surpassing our customer's expectations. We are highly committed to work and have a strong sense of responsibility.Shall any project we undertake not fulfill our client's expectations, we take full responsibility and act accordingly to re-elaborate our product until our customer's complete satisfaction is achieved.
We have an extensive poll of professional linguists, proofreaders and editors to assist us in large projects. A rigid project management and early and careful planning are employed in order to provide effective and high quality products, regardless the volume of work and logic timeframes.
Izumi has an extensive list of happy clients, especially in the IT world, and although our Localization department for this type of integral software localization work has been our newest addition, you can be totally certain that the services we provide are of the highest quality and performed by serious, reliable and qualified professionals. This, added to the very competitive rates we offer makes us the best alternative for your localization needs.